Estate Planning for Divorced People
second marriage estate planning
Second Marriage Estate Planning Issues in California
Family Law Attorney Martin "Jamie" Elmer, Esq., Berkeley, CA
If you are considering getting divorced or remarried, it is extremely important to understand how the change in your marital status will affect your estate planning and asset preservation needs under California law. I am California family law attorney Martin "Jamie" Elmer, of Berkeley. For more than 30 years, my law firm has been providing a full range of divorce and family law services, including estate planning counseling and tools, for clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Call me at (510) 644-2411 or contact my office by e-mail to arrange a free consultation to get your questions answered about:
- How to use a prenuptial agreement to make a bright line between your existing separate property assets and marital assets that will be considered community property in the event your second marriage ends in divorce
- How you can change your will to ensure only your children will be counted as beneficiaries of your estate, unless you want to include stepchildren from a subsequent marriage.
- How you can set up a trust to determine exactly how your estate is distributed and to whom, while you are still alive or after you are deceased.
- How a revocable trust can help protect your estate in the event your second marriage ends in divorce
Learn More About Second Marriage Estate Planning Issues in California
It makes sense to understand the financial issues of protecting your family assets before you marry or divorce. I offer a free consultation and you will be under no obligation to retain me as your attorney. We will discuss the circumstances of your assets, the tax implications and which estate preservation tools will be your best option for protecting yourself against probate decisions and/or a contested will in the event of your death.
Major Credit Cards Accepted · Free Initial Consultation · 30 Years of Experience
From my offices in Berkeley, California, I represent clients in family law matters throughout the San Francisco Bay Areai, including Oakland. Call me at (510) 644-2411 or contact my office by e-mail to arrange a free consultation to discuss your legal issue with an experienced Berkeley family law lawyer.
Martin "Jamie" Elmer, Esq. is recognized as a Certified Family Law Specialist by California State Bar
1919 Addison Street, Suite 105
Berkeley, CA, 94704
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Custodial Parent Move-Aways
- Parenting Time Modifications
- Stepparent Adoptions
- Child Support
- Child Support Enforcement
- Complex High-Asset Division
- Investment Property Assets
- Property, Asset and Debt Division
- Marital Debt
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
- Separate & Community Property
- Spousal Support, Alimony
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Defense
- Orders of Protections and TRO
- Estate Planning for Divorced People
- Wills & Trusts
- Family Law Resources
Schedule Free Consultation Today
To speak with Jamie Elmer, our Berkeley, California, family law attorney, please call the number above or email us via the form below. Please fill in all required fields.